Saturday, October 17, 2009

All That Glitters is Not Gold

I stayed up too late the other night making more bracelets.

These turned out rather nicely but I'm going to change the way I make the final wraps on bracelets like the one on the right. I'm going to hammer the ends flat, smooth the edges, wrap and crimp. The way I do it now is too prickly and the ends catch on clothes, et cetera.

The bracelet on the left has a cicada as a focal bead. The bug is about 1.25 inches long and even the underside is detailed. I've had two of these beads for a long time and forget where I bought them. That's too bad as my friend Elizabeth asked for three bracelets just like it. I'm going to see if I can make a facsimile from my magic paper and paint them to look like "gold".

Elizabeth gets this one for her jewelry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment